Post wax instructions
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after hair removal, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
- Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
- Avoid sun tanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolent (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments. It’s ok, you can spray tan with us after 24 hours!
- Avoid applied highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes; perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recommended to you by the skin care specialist who performed the waxing service.
- Avoid using harsh abrasive or exfoliates in the waxed area for 24 hours, if you are prone to in-grown hairs, the day after your waxing treatment, exfoliate newly waxed area with an exfoliant glove or natural exfoliant.
- Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
- Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts longer.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 3 to 5 weeks, depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
If you have any questions about your waxing service or after care at home, please do not hesitate to call the day spa at 812-287-8024.