Pre and Post Spray Tan Instructions
Preparing for your sunless session insures a deep, dark, lasting tan. Here’s how you should prepare:
Before Your Appointment:
- Shave and Exfoliate well the night before or day of your tan. Do not shave immediately before your tan.
- Do not have lotion or oily residue on your skin the day of your tan. Remove makeup and deodorants prior to your tan.
- Make sure to get manicures, pedicures, or spa treatments before your appointment, and arrive for your tan without any oily residue or lotion on your skin. If you are getting a pedicure immediately before your tan, we suggest asking them to not use lotion on your legs. Lotions can create barriers to the sunless solution.
- Bring your swimsuit, underwear, or other garments to wear during your session. Your garments will get spray on them, so please wear items that you do not mind getting bronzer on. Many of our clients choose to tan topless to minimize tan lines. Our staff is professional and discreet, and will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable during your session. You can wear as much or as little as you’d like.
Bronzer will wash out of clothes, but for your clothing’s sake, we suggest wearing darker clothing or clothing you won’t mind getting a tan with you.
- Be sure to bring loose fitting, darker colored clothing and flip-flops to wear after your session. Tight clothing can rub off the bronzer and create streaking. If it is raining, please wear loose pants and a jacket.
After Your Appointment:
- DO NOT GET WET for at least 8 hours after your appointment. You must not SWEAT, SHOWER, GET RAINED ON, or SWIM. If you get wet, it can halt the DHA development process and cause streaking. Our preference is that you wait 18-24 hours to shower, but we strongly suggest not showering before 12 hours. The longer you wait, the more time your tan has to develop and set in.
- Unless we spray you with one of our clear formulas, you will notice ‘brown’ running down the drain during your first shower. This is normal…it is the cosmetic “instant bronze” color washing away as it is designed to do, leaving you with a beautiful bronze glow underneath!
- Be sure to MOISTURIZE after your first shower! The key to a beautiful, long lasting tan is super-moist skin. We carry a great selection of tan extending moisturizers and can recommend a product specifically for your skin type.